It is now possible to build up a long-term collaboration model with your external customers using different user roles in Avokaado.
Previously, drafting and editing happened mostly between team members and on an ad hoc basis. Now, a person outside your team (a customer) can get permanent access to the documents in your shared workspace and collaborate with you 24/7.
External collaboration between lawyers and their customers becomes really smooth and controlled if it happens in a single-window system and with the regulated rights.
Avokaado’s different roles allow you to use:
- A shared workspace: Every client has access to his own database with templates pre-lawyered by you or ready-to-go documents – he can draft and download them 24/7 and be sure that the content is always up-to-date;
- Permission for co-drafting: You can give editing rights to your client in case you want him to make changes and edit drafts directly in the draft;
- Negotiation in one place: You can avoid endless emails and calls with your clients – bring all communications around a contract to one place and enable comments, reminders and email notifications.
5 user roles in Avokaado for better external collaboration:
- Account manager is the account owner who may create and manage users connected to its account and has all rights that content manager and the team member has.
- Content manager is a registered user who has a right to manage and create templates and has all rights that a team member has.
- Team member is a registered user who can draft and use the workflow of the platform (upload, share, negotiate and sign) and add customers and guests.
- Customer is a registered user of the platform who has the right to take all actions permitted by the content manager and/or team member (e.g. edit or view documents, draft templates, share and sign with guests or other customers) and upload their own documents.
- Guest is a user without an account at Avokaado, can only view, download and/or sign the documents shared to them via link.
So, when a person is not a member of your team in Avokaado and you share a drafted document or a template by email, the recipient automatically becomes a customer for your account. This customer gets his own environment for collaboration with you – he can now:
- keep his access to the documents 24/7,
- upload, keep and share external documents,
- start a discussion with you,
- edit documents if permitted by you,
- draft documents based on the templates shared to the customer by you.
You can also create your customer list before sharing the document or a template.
In case a person is not a member of your team in Avokaado and you share a drafted document by sending the link by any means this person will not become a customer for your account – he will become a guest.
This guest will get limited rights: a preview of the document without any separate environment, a room for discussion for this specific document and the ability to download and sign the document.
👉 Want to get your first contract ready now? Try Avokaado free trial.
Avokaado is a pioneer in digitizing legal services. Our team is an expert in building DIY, knowledge management and collaboration platforms. 👉 Talk to the team and we’ll show how you can start delivering cutting-edge solutions today.
👇 Liked the article? Subscribe to a Monthly Newsletter below to be notified of the next blog update.