Have you ever wondered why some HR teams seem to outperform others? Perhaps one of the reasons is that they use HR software that automates some of the department’s more tedious tasks. That makes them more streamlined and more efficient. Just look at this:
- Onboarding was 67% faster for companies that use HR automatization.
- 67% of HR personnel reported saving time through hiring workflow automation.
- Automated drafting checks of offer letters resulted in a 66% reduction in the hiring process.
- The American Payroll Association estimates that automation can reduce payroll handling costs by 80%
That sounds good, right?
In this blog post, we’ll have a quick rundown of the 12 best HR solutions available that’ll help you optimize HR performance.
Check out the article to learn more.
What are the top challenges faced by HR?
With lots of responsibilities, it’s no wonder that HR teams often find themselves overwhelmed. Here are just a few of the main pain points for HR departments:
Hiring a lot of people quickly
The truth is — when a company needs new talent, HR leaders will have to find enough qualified candidates to fill open positions as soon as possible. However, it’s not an easy task, especially if it means hiring a lot of people quickly.
They need to develop a recruiting strategy, screen each applicant, conduct interviews, and extend offers to the most qualified candidates hoping they accept. If even one candidate declines your offer, the team may have to start the process all over again.
Managing all the different documents
Let’s be honest here. If we’re talking about HR documents, we only think of hiring documentation. However, there’s a lot more besides that:
- onboarding documents
- employee files
- performance reviews
- training manuals
- health insurance paperwork
- tax forms
The ever-changing laws and regulations governing data privacy are a huge pain point for HR departments. Aside from complying with labor regulations, HR has to make sure sensitive information (which HR deals with on a daily basis) is protected while giving employees access to their own information.
Fortunately, there are solutions that can help HR professionals with their work through HR automatization. We list some of them down below.
List of Software that can help HR
HR software is designed to help HR leaders manage employee data, tracking everything from recruitment and onboarding to performance and benefits.
First, here are five of the most popular types of software used in HR:
- Applicant tracking systems (ATS)
It helps businesses track job applicants throughout the hiring process. ATS software can automate applicant screening and selection so hiring managers to stay organized and efficient during the recruiting process.
- Document management software
This type helps HR to store and organize documents like job descriptions, employee handbooks, and policies. This can be very useful for keeping everything organized and making it easy to find what you need.
- Performance management software
It helps businesses track employee performance data and set goals for future growth. Such software can provide insight into top performers and areas where employees need to improve.
- Payroll software
It helps manage employee compensation. This typically includes features for tracking hours worked, managing shift schedules, and calculating payroll taxes.
- Employee engagement software
It helps HR managers connect with employees and collect feedback on issues like company culture. It can help to identify which employees are most engaged and which processes need improvement.
Without further ado, here’s a quick rundown of our top 10 HR software.
Avokaado is a contract lifecycle management for HR departments that help in the end-to-end management of HR contracts by automating the related workflows in the documents’ lifecycle. With it, it’s easier to generate (and store) compliant documents, reducing the chances of company-wide inconsistencies. Additionally, the software supports document collaboration, so it’s quick to negotiate the contract details or collect further input.
- Pre-approved HR document templates so you can draft faster while ensuring it has company brand and legal compliance
- Data-driven document management so you can easily do meta-data or full-text searches of used HR contracts and reuse them if necessary
- Automated approval and reminders to keep document collaboration seamless and timely
Gusto is an all-in-one HR platform that’s best recognized as payroll software.
The user-friendly software makes running payroll for employees a breeze to automatically file payroll taxes. It also sends reminder emails during new hires’ onboarding to ensure the completion of HR standard tasks.
- Unlimited payrolls that support automatic filing and payment of federal, state, and local payroll taxes
- Downloadable reports of payroll history, including paying taxes, contractors, and time off
- Paperless employee onboarding and checklist, including standard tasks such as setting up payroll and benefits.
Pricing plans start at $46/month to $92/month. Larger teams may talk to sales for their custom pricing. They have a plan for contractors that costs $6/mo/user.
Workday is a suite of cloud-based products, from finance solutions to HR management. It allows HR leaders and employees to access employee records so that employee data is transparent. Also, sourcing, complying with company regulations, managing skills/talents, and handling payroll go smoothly.
- Instant access to important tasks and action items so everyone knows what needs their attention
- Rich data to assess, validate, and confirm worker skills
- Full view of work cost compared to global work trends, so you better hire a talent
Workday doesn’t display pricing information on its site and provides customized quotes for each company by reaching out to its sales team.
An easy-to-use HR software, BambooHR has a clean interface that even lets employees self-serve their accounts. That means employees can apply for leaves and time-offs easily. It also lets you manage people better using the employee satisfaction feature.
- Self-explanatory and simple to use UX for employees but also for HR staff
- A single, secure database of all employee information
- Honest feedback collection using employee satisfaction surveys
BambooHR has two pricing options, the Essential and Advantage packages. There’s no pricing on their website but offers a free price quotation.
More than the traditional human resources platform, Zenefits declares to be a software for People Operations. It’s more of a movement that drives HR to automated workflows, which in turn help create a better employee experience. It basically has all the HR tools you’ll need to manage your people effectively.
- Automated HR tasks like repetitive tasks such as data entry, processing, and reporting
- Simple process for curating and providing comprehensive healthcare plans all the way down to commuter privileges
- Real-time data syncing of employee data updates like in schedule and payrolls
Zenefits base plan starts at $8/ month per employee billed annually, while the highest tiered plan costs $21/ month per employee (also billed annually).
ADP is a payroll software that can help the HR department by automating the process of paying employees. This can save time and money and can help ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time. Additionally, the software can keep track of employee information like time and attendance.
- Faster payroll services that are integrated with business software, time tracking, HR systems, and ERPs
- Always up-to-date with changing rules and labor regulations to help you avoid penalties
- Automated employee time tracking for increased payroll accuracy
ADP doesn’t say how much their service costs. You may get custom pricing simply by reaching out from their page.
Namely is a comprehensive HRIS system with user-friendly navigation — self-service is possible for both employees and managers. The platform lets you store and access everything HR-related in one place. This includes payroll and benefits to performance management and reporting.
- Employees can request time off and check their PTO balance through the employee self-service portal
- Data hub for HR analytics and insights
- Automated benefits deduction reflected in payrolls
Namely is another HR software that does not disclose its pricing. You may request a call to get custom pricing.
High-volume hiring? HireVue is a good tool for screening large quantities of candidates within a short period. It also allows you to export candidate data to an excel spreadsheet. When passed the screening process, asynchronous video interviewing lets applicants arrange their own interviews.
- Text recruiting so you can send personalized SMS campaigns when sourcing talents
- Video interviewing to scale up the unbiased assessment and screening
- Integrate with ATS to minimize data entry
Hirevue essential plan starts at $35k recommended for 2500-7500 employees. For more than 7500 staff, they offer a demo to receive quotes.
Taleo By Oracle
Taleo By Oracle is an HR software that lets you manage even a global workforce. You can easily apply for open positions with social campaigns created with customized templates and landing pages. This platform allows you to manage the entire cycle of sourcing and recruiting candidates.
- Keep up with global requirements across more than 200 countries and jurisdictions.
- Digital assistant to instantly answer queries from candidates
- Engage with candidates directly via text or email and track their interactions.
Taleo By Oracle doesn’t share its pricing information. However, you may request a demo or contact the sales team to get custom pricing.
Fetcher is a talent-sourcing tool that helps hiring managers save time finding the best talent to recruit. It makes every internal recruiting team more powerful through automated outreach, such as when browsing competitive markets like LinkedIn. You’ll only need keywords and descriptors to feed you with candidates based on the search criteria.
- Machine learning and human intelligence ensure every prospect you get is the right candidate
- Recruiting CRM to keep in touch with candidates once they’re sourced
- Email statistics so you know your outreach and nurture campaigns are working.
Fetcher doesn’t share its pricing. Still, you may find this information — their package pricing is based on how many seats you need, plus how many candidates they’ll source for you.
Fortay is an engagement tool that helps companies to measure employee engagement and identify areas of concern. The platform helps assess talent objectively for fit with the company culture and keeps a pulse on how the employees feel. The information can help companies to maintain a productive and positive workplace culture.
- Real-time insights to enhance the employee journey
- AI technology to evaluate candidates based on the alignment between their values and those of the organization
- Ready-to-use templates when doing surveys across the employee experience
Fortay doesn’t have fixed prices for its services, but the base plan starts at $4,000.
iCIMS is a highly configurable ATS for various businesses, making recruitment easy. It helps streamline your talent acquisition efforts across the globe and allows for a great candidate experience, from tracking applications to scheduling interviews and sending out offer letters.
- Global job posting campaigns to find the right talent fast
- Entire recruiting process management in a single tool — text recruits, schedule interviews, and assess candidates
- Detailed analytics into recruiting performance.
Pricing information for iCIMS is supplied by the software provider by talking to sales.
Which HR software is for my team?
Even if you’ve been in human resources management for years, you’re likely looking for ways to make the process more efficient — and HR software can help you with that.
However, there’s no denying there are lots of HR software providers out there. To narrow down the search, hopefully, this listicle helped.
Yet, for contract management of HR documents, go for Avokaado. Our software offers a free trial so that you can explore all of our features risk-free.